Saturday, July 3, 2010

Voila, so I finally had my law interview yesterday night.

And what can I derive from the 30-ish minute conversation? I can't do law. I should just stick to medicine. =)

For keepsake, this is the brief case we discussed over the interview:

"Z, who is 16, conceives a child as the result of aone-night-stand. She keeps the pregnancy a secret. She wants to give the child up for adoption immediately after birth and therefore contacts the local authority. Neither the father nor her parents know anything about the pregnancy.

Article 8(1) of the European Convention on Human Rights states the following:

Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

In the light of this provision, should the local authority have a duty to identify and inform the father and/or the Z's parents?"

Please read the question carefully. (end)

The interviewer rang 12 minutes after I received the email, and the torment began

Nevertheless, it was great fun. Haven't used my brain that much in so long.

Written test/assessment up soon (apparently it's just an informal exercise). I don't expect it to be any easier than what I faced yesterday.

On a positive note, at least it isn't a scientific essay! I've written an incalculable amount of science-y essays since I embarked on the medical course. At last, something different.


No comments: